KKIT Creations LLC (“We”, “Us”, “Our”) has developed a mobile application (“ML Mail”, “the App”) that collects data from your device in order to provide you with pertinent information, content and services.
4. What information we collect from you
We collect and process information from your device in several ways, including:
- If you log into the app with an email address, the email address is collected.
- We collect the following information:
- When you scroll to a message that has not been predicted upon, we collect:
- App version, build number, country of origin, device type (iPhone, iPad, ect.), your device system version, build number, today’s date, the prediction model, the predicted probability that it is an action email (in percent), if a prediction was successfully made, the number of times the App has been launched, if the app was App Store downloaded or is the developer version of the App. Note, in this process we do not collect the content of any emails.
- If the user has consented to sending the contents of specified emails (this is opt-in only), only the specified messages are sent. To be clear, labeling an email as “Action” required or as “Not Action” required, sends the content of that message to our servers.
- Anonymously we collect a total count of the following events:
- Opening the main page, opening the settings page, viewing a message, sending a message, labeling an email as “Action” required or as “Not Action” required.
- If the App experiences a crash, and you have enabled crash reporting (this is an opt-out) we collect the following information via a 3rd party, Crashlytics:
- the sequence of code that led to the crash;
- type of device;
- version number of the operating system;
- whether the device is jailbroken;
- amount of available memory (ram and HDD);
- related bread crumbs;
- status of the proximity sensor;
- version number of the app;
- prewritten programming comments written by the developers to help identify bugs.
- 4.1 — The App uses Google’s Firebase product, as a result, the following are collected about the user
- Age – in six categories: 18-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, and 65+;
- App Store – the store from which the app was downloaded and installed;
- App Version – the versionName (Android) or the Bundle version (iOS);
- Country – the country the user resides in;
- Device Brand – the brand name of the mobile device;
- Device Category – the category of the mobile device (e.g., mobile or tablet);
- Device Model – the mobile device model name;
- First Open Time – the time (in milliseconds, UTC) at which the user first opened the app, rounded up to the next hour;
- Gender – identifies users as either male or female;
- Interests – lists the interests of the user (e.g., “Arts & Entertainment, Games, Sports”).
- Language – the language setting of the device OS (e.g., en-us or pt-br).
- New / Established – New: First opened the App within the last 7 days. Established: First opened the App more than 7 days ago;
- OS Version – the version of the device OS (e.g., 9.3.2 or 5.1.1);
- App Remove – when an application package is removed or “uninstalled” from an Android device;
- App update – when the App is updated to a new version and launched again;
- First open – the first time a user launches an app after installing or re-installing it;
- OS Update – when the device operating system is updated to a new version;
- Screen View – when a new page/screen opens in the App;
- Session Start – when a user engages the app for more than the minimum session duration after a period of inactivity that exceeds the session timeout duration;
- Login – when the user opens a freshly installed version of the App.
- 4.2 — The App uses Google’s Fabric product, as a result, the following are collected about the user
- Installation UUID – An alphanumeric string that uniquely identifies a device to KKIT Creations;
- IP Addresses – once received it is geo-coded to a city and displayed on Audience Insights map for 10 seconds. Retained temporarily.
5. How we use your information
We may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
- Provide you with pertinent information, content and/or services;
- Understand your preferences so that we can customize the App for you;
- Measure usage of the App, including usage of specific features and views;
- Develop and improve the App based on your feedback and interactions;
- Guide product development and build new features;
- Conduct research on user habits;
- Identify and correct bugs and other problems with the App;
- Respond to your emails and help with support queries;
- Comply with law and regulations and lawful requests or orders.
6. Users’ options
The following are some examples of your options with regard to collection, use and disclosure of your information:
- You can disable the transmission of non anonymous usage data by accessing your device’s general Settings app, selecting the App and deselecting “Usage Statistics”.
- You can stop collection of location data at any time by disabling location services in your device’s general Settings app or by uninstalling the App.
7. Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not disclose your information to third parties without your explicit consent except for the following purposes:
- In case you request assistance with the use of the App, we might share such request, including your contact information, with a third party directly involved in the issue.
- In case of a prospective business transaction, you agree that we may disclose anonymous and aggregate information to another corporation in order for the parties to determine whether to proceed with such a transaction. In case a business transaction is completed, you agree that any information may be transferred to the legal entity that owns the App or the relevant part of it in order to carry its business. A “business transaction” includes, but is not limited to, a reorganization, merger, purchase, sale or other acquisition or disposition of a legal entity or any of its assets.
- In case we are required to comply with applicable law and regulations and lawful requests or orders or if it is otherwise permitted by law (i.e., protect and defend our rights, situation that threatens life, health or safety, etc.).
We also disclose anonymous and aggregate information to certain third parties for research, product development or other business purposes.
8. Security Safeguards
We are committed to securing your information and we take reasonable physical, organizational and technical measures to protect your information against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification or destruction.
These safeguards include, but are not limited to:
- Limited access to employees and contractors on a “need-to-know” basis.
Although we take great efforts to protect your information, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches nor be immune from any wrongdoings or malfunctions.
9. Retention Period
We may retain your information unless you request that it be removed.
10. Right to Access and Removal
You have the absolute right to your data.
Google is the data collector and data processor for this App as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). KKIT Creations is the data controller and has access to that stored data, stored on servers located in the United States of America.
If you would like to view or remove the information that we have collected through the App, please contact our data protection officer, through the following contact information:
Upon receiving such a request, we will provide you with the requested information or to delete such information. In instances in which your information has been shared with third parties, best efforts will be made to remove your information from their possession as well.
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected information of a child under 13 without first receiving parental consent, we will take steps to delete such information within a reasonable time. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided information to us, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information within a reasonable time. In instances in which that information has been shared with third parties, best efforts will be made to remove that information from their possession as well.
13. Contact information