KKIT Creations LLC (“We”, “Us”, “Our”) has developed a mobile application (“Geodex App”, “the App”) that collects data from your device in order to provide you with pertinent information, content and services.
4. What information we collect from you
We collect and process information from your device in several ways, including:
- Once you have given the App consent to detect your location; the App looks at your current location, including your latitude, longitude and time. This data is not permanently stored in the App. Furthermore, this data is also not transmitted beyond your device at any time. The App only stores one set of location data at a time. When new location data is detected, old location data is deleted. Your location data is analyzed only when the App is in the foreground.
- We collect contact information (email and/or push notification token) if you enable push notifications.
- If you log into the app with an email address, that data is collected.
- If you login with Facebook the following data is collected (but only if you have previously provided the data to Facebook): E-Mail, timezone, updated time, name, gender, country, and if your account has been verified with Facebook
- We collect the following information:
- Regardless of if you have logged into the App, we also automatically collect usage details each time you use the App or encounter one of the Geodex equipped sites, (equipped with iBeacons, Geofences, QR codes ect, henceforth an “area”). This includes the following:
- the name of an area;
- the date and time you entered and exited an area;
- whether the app is in the foreground or background;
- whether you opened the content view;
- what content you examined within an area and the duration of that examination;
- whether you clicked on the links associated with that area;
- whether you scrolled to view more of the provided text;
- whether you shared an area via the app on social media;
- whether you followed up on any notifications you received after leaving an area
- the duration of that examination;
- the duration of the content download;
- if the visit to the area is in progress or not;
- System information: App version and build number, country of origin, device type (iPhone, iPad, ect.), your device system version, number of times the App has been launched, if the app was App Store downloaded or is developer version of the App.
- If the App experiences a crash, we collect the following information via a 3rd party, Crashlytics:
- the sequence of code that led to the crash;
- type of device;
- version number of the operating system;
- whether the device is jailbroken;
- amount of available memory (ram and HDD);
- related bread crumbs;
- status of the proximity sensor;
- version number of the app;
- prewritten programming comments written by the developers to help identify bugs.
5. How we use your information
We may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
- Provide you with pertinent information, content and/or services;
- Understand your preferences so that we can customize the Geodex App for you;
- Measure usage of the Geodex App, including usage of specific features and views;
- Develop and improve the Geodex App based on your feedback and interactions;
- Guide product development and build new features;
- Conduct research on user habits;
- Identify and correct bugs and other problems with the App;
- Respond to your emails and help with support queries;
- Comply with law and regulations and lawful requests or orders.
6. Users’ options
The following are some examples of your options with regard to collection, use and disclosure of your information:
- You can disable the transmission of non anonymous usage data by accessing your device’s general Settings app, selecting the Geodex App and deselecting “Usage Statistics”.
- You can stop collection of location data at any time by disabling location services in your device’s general Settings app or by uninstalling the App.
7. Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not disclose your information to third parties without your explicit consent except for the following purposes:
- In case you request assistance with the use of the App, we might share such request, including your contact information, with a third party directly involved in the issue.
- In case a Geodex equipped site has requested analytic data, the site will receive all pertinent information relating to your interactions with that particular site, as well as pertinent information about your visit(s) to related sites.
- In case of a prospective business transaction, you agree that we may disclose anonymous and aggregate information to another corporation in order for the parties to determine whether to proceed with such a transaction. In case a business transaction is completed, you agree that any information may be transferred to the legal entity that owns the App or the relevant part of it in order to carry its business. A “business transaction” includes, but is not limited to, a reorganization, merger, purchase, sale or other acquisition or disposition of a legal entity or any of its assets.
- In case we are required to comply with applicable law and regulations and lawful requests or orders or if it is otherwise permitted by law (i.e., protect and defend our rights, situation that threatens life, health or safety, etc.).
We also disclose anonymous and aggregate information to certain third parties for research, product development or other business purposes.
8. Security Safeguards
We are committed to securing your information and we take reasonable physical, organizational and technical measures to protect your information against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification or destruction.
These safeguards include, but are not limited to:
- Limited access to employees and contractors on a “need-to-know” basis.
Although we take great efforts to protect your information, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches nor be immune from any wrongdoings or malfunctions.
9. Retention Period
We may retain your information unless you request that it be removed.
10. Right to Access and Removal
We store your information on servers located in the United States of America.
If you would like to remove or access any information that we have collected through the App that is stored on our servers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. On receiving such a request, we will use reasonable efforts to provide you or delete such information. In instances in which your information has been shared with third parties, best efforts will be made to remove your information from their possession as well.
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected information of a child under 13 without first receiving parental consent, we will take steps to delete such information within a reasonable time. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided information to us, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information within a reasonable time. In instances in which that information has been shared with third parties, best efforts will be made to remove that information from their possession as well.
13. Contact information