KKIT Creations LLC (“We”, “Us”, “Our”) has developed a mobile application “Flock to Unlock”, henceforth, “the App” that collects data from your device in order to provide you with pertinent information, content and services.
4. What information we collect from you
We collect and process information from your device in several ways, including:
- Once you have given the App consent to detect your location, we keep track of your location, including your latitude, longitude and time. The collection of location data happens while the App is in the foreground.
- We may collect contact information (email and/or push notification token) if you enable push notifications.
- If you log into the app with an email address, that data is collected.
- If you login with Facebook the following data is collected (but only if you have provided the data to Facebook): your E-Mail, Facebook ID, timezone, updated time, age range, and other data available in the Facebook public profile.
- We collect the following information:
- We automatically collect usage details each time you use the App or encounter one of the Flock equipped sites, (equipped with iBeacons, Geofences, QR codes ect, henceforth an “area”). This includes the following:
- the name of an area;
- the username of the user;
- the date and time you entered and exited an area;
- whether you accessed particular app pages;
- what content you examined within an area and the duration of that examination;
- whether you clicked on the links associated with that area;
- whether you shared an area via the app on social media;
- System information: App version and build number, country of origin, device type (iPhone, iPad, ect.), your device system version, number of times the App has been launched, if the app was App Store downloaded or is developer version of the App, the appIDnumber, and the battery level of the device upon entering and exiting the area.
- 4.1 — If the App experiences a crash, we collect
- The App’s identifying number;
- A technical log of that usage session;
- A prewritten message by the developer (eg “error posting quote”);
- A standard description of the error created by the iOS software environment;
- App version;
- App build number;
- The device model name (eg iPhone SE);
- The number of times the App has been opened;
- The system version;
- The current UTC time.
- 4.1.2 — the following information via a 3rd party, Crashlytics:
- the sequence of code that led to the crash;
- type of device;
- version number of the operating system;
- whether the device is jailbroken;
- amount of available memory (ram and HDD);
- related bread crumbs;
- status of the proximity sensor;
- version number of the app;
- prewritten programming comments written by the developers to help identify bugs.
- 4.2 — The App uses Google’s Firebase product, as a result, the following are collected about the user
- Age – in six categories: 18-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, and 65+;
- App Store – the store from which the app was downloaded and installed;
- App Version – the versionName (Android) or the Bundle version (iOS);
- Country – the country the user resides in;
- Device Brand – the brand name of the mobile device;
- Device Category – the category of the mobile device (e.g., mobile or tablet);
- Device Model – the mobile device model name;
- First Open Time – the time (in milliseconds, UTC) at which the user first opened the app, rounded up to the next hour;
- Gender – identifies users as either male or female;
- Interests – lists the interests of the user (e.g., “Arts & Entertainment, Games, Sports”).
- Language – the language setting of the device OS (e.g., en-us or pt-br).
- New / Established – New: First opened the App within the last 7 days. Established: First opened the App more than 7 days ago;
- OS Version – the version of the device OS (e.g., 9.3.2 or 5.1.1);
- App Remove – when an application package is removed or “uninstalled” from an Android device;
- App update – when the App is updated to a new version and launched again;
- First open – the first time a user launches an app after installing or re-installing it;
- OS Update – when the device operating system is updated to a new version;
- Screen View – when a new page/screen opens in the App;
- Session Start – when a user engages the app for more than the minimum session duration after a period of inactivity that exceeds the session timeout duration;
- Login – when the user opens a freshly installed version of the App;
- 4.3 — The App uses Google’s Fabric product, as a result, the following are collected about the user
- Installation UUID – An alphanumeric string that uniquely identifies a device to KKIT Creations;
- IP Addresses – once received it is geo-coded to a city and displayed on Audience Insights map for 10 seconds. Retained temporarily;
5. How we use your information
We may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
- Provide you with pertinent information, content and/or services;
- Understand your preferences so that we can customize the App for you;
- Measure usage of the App, including usage of specific features and views;
- Develop and improve the App based on your feedback and interactions;
- Guide product development and build new features;
- Conduct research on user habits;
- Identify and correct bugs and other problems with the App;
- Respond to your emails and help with support queries;
- Comply with law and regulations and lawful requests or orders.
6. Users’ options
The following are some examples of your options with regard to collection, use and disclosure of your information:
- You can stop collection of location data at any time by disabling location services in your device’s general Settings app or by uninstalling the App.
7. Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not disclose your information to third parties without your explicit consent except for the following purposes:
- In case you request assistance with the use of the App, we might share such request, including your contact information, with a third party directly involved in the issue.
- In case an area requested analytic data, the site will receive all pertinent information relating to your interactions with that particular site, as well as pertinent information about your visit(s) to related sites.
- In case of a prospective business transaction, you agree that we may disclose anonymous and aggregate information to another corporation in order for the parties to determine whether to proceed with such a transaction. In case a business transaction is completed, you agree that any information may be transferred to the legal entity that owns the App or the relevant part of it in order to carry its business. A “business transaction” includes, but is not limited to, a reorganization, merger, purchase, sale or other acquisition or disposition of a legal entity or any of its assets.
- In case we are required to comply with applicable law and regulations and lawful requests or orders or if it is otherwise permitted by law (i.e., protect and defend our rights, situation that threatens life, health or safety, etc.).
We also disclose anonymous and aggregate information to certain third parties for research, product development or other business purposes.
8. Security Safeguards
We are committed to securing your information and we take reasonable physical, organizational and technical measures to protect your information against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification or destruction.
These safeguards include, but are not limited to:
- Limited access to employees and contractors on a “need-to-know” basis.
Although we take great efforts to protect your information, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches nor be immune from any wrongdoings or malfunctions.
9. Retention Period
We may retain your information unless you request that it be removed.
10. Right to Access and Removal
You have the absolute right to your data.
Google is the data collector and data processor for this App as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). KKIT Creations is the data controller and has access to that stored data, stored on servers located in the United States of America.
If you would like to view or remove the information that we have collected through the App, please contact our data protection officer, through the following contact information:
Upon receiving such a request, we will provide you with the requested information or to delete such information. In instances in which your information has been shared with third parties, best efforts will be made to remove your information from their possession as well.
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected information of a child under 13 without first receiving parental consent, we will take steps to delete such information within a reasonable time. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided information to us, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information within a reasonable time. In instances in which that information has been shared with third parties, best efforts will be made to remove that information from their possession as well.
13. Contact information